Dec 12, 2006

Tell Wal-Mart to Stop Promoting the Religious Right's Violent Ideology

Tell Wal-Mart to Stop Promoting the Religious Right's Violent Ideology
Contributed by DefCon America
Just in time for Christmas, elements of the religious right have released a violent video game ("Left Behind: Eternal Forces") in which born-again Christians aim to convert or kill anyone who doesn't adhere to their ideology. Disturbingly, the game's apparent attempts at religious indoctrination are aimed at children and focus on violent, divisive, and hateful scenarios
.
Has everyone gone INSANE?? This is not only disaggreable to me, it is absolutely crazy!I am personally a Christian and I belive in Jesus Christ as my Saviour..but isn't this world seeing enough violence and hate right now?? I don't believe that anyone should be selling stuff that teaches children to hate or to be violent..no matter what the cause.. Please help take action against this video game!!

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this response is about a month late, but I saw Wal-Mart in your categories at the bottom of the page and wanted to see what it was about. I remember hearing about this game and thought that the way people were talking about it might not be the actual case, so I checked out the IGN Article about the game. Here's a pretty good excerpt dealing with the issue at hand.
To keep the balance of power in your favor, you'll have to find non-violent ways to avoid getting killed. Your units will definitely fight back in a life or death situation but, for the most part, you want to either avoid your enemies or have a ready plan to convert to your side using musicians and disciples.
So, there's less to really get worked up about, but I think people are so worried about video games being the devil's playthings in the first place, they can't believe this could have a more moderate tone.

Carol said...

Thank-You for your comment,and for doing the additional research! I agree that people do worry that vido games are the "devils playthings" which is fairly silly in my opinion. According to what your research on this particular game shows, I don't see what the issue is! Thanks again Russ.

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com