Mar 6, 2007

Let Me See if I Can Simplify This For You!

I have received several emails asking for clarification of the instructions to join so here goes.
The 30,000 Campaign is an idea that comes from Brian at: Brave Humans
The idea is to get 30,000 Bloggers to join together for ONE day! It is very easy to do. Here are the instructions in a nutshell.
Send an email to: brian@bravehumans.com
In the Subject Line type: YOP!
In the Body type: The Name of your Weblog or Website and the URL to your Site.
Hit Send!
That's it.
Brian will add your site to "The List" and about a week before we actually hit 30,000, we will be given a "Word" to use as a title to a Essay we are to write and then we are to Publish that Essay on the same day - all 30,000 of us.
Now let's get those emails to Brian!
To View "The List": participating weblogs.
OK you have seen the earlier Post about this "Experiment" My Question is: Why do we still only have ten (10) Blogs (Sites) Signed Up? I have currently thirty-one (31) Sites on my Technorati Favorites and so I now challenge you to join me in this effort! And to my 146 Members of My Community on My Blog Log - I challenge you to join in this experiment also. Some of us Blog about Politics and we bitch and moan about "Them" I say, what about us? Can we not do better than this? This is one of the issues I have with the State of The Union - we are so apathetic! This is our chance to be heard! Imagine 30,000 of us all speaking with ONE Voice on THE SAME DAY!! Don't you think we could shake things up a little bit? Come On Join with us and let's MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Send an email to brian@bravehumans.com with the subject: Yop! In the body of the email list the name of your weblog, and the URL.Your weblog will be added to the list of participating weblogs.Tell your friends who blog about it, and urge them to send in their weblog as well.
From Brian at: Brave Humans and Rick at QuipSpot:
Yes, I am asking for 30,000 e-mails. I will be checking that each site submitted is actually a weblog, and I will be adding the sites to the list by hand. I realize this is a profoundly crazy idea. I’m willing to put a great deal of effort into this because I truly want to see if such a thing is possible. If we succeed we will have demonstrated the profound power of grassroots blogging. If we fail then we will have demonstrated that blogging is still largely reactionary and driven from the top down. As the Edwards campaign demonstrates, politicians still fundamentally believe the latter. I would very much like to prove it is the former.
The 30,000 number was chosen because it represents the original number of citizens in a congressional district. On one hand it seems like such a large number. You may have heard about the 2000 bloggers website. We are looking for 15x that number. On the other hand, 30,000 is quite a small number. It represents about 1/20th of a modern congressional district. It is the tiniest fraction of the more than 57 million weblogs currently tracked by Technorati.
As I post this 10 bloggers have already signed on to this idea. I’m sure for a few of you reading this, I had you at Yop!
What about the rest of you? Why should you participate? Why should you get excited about this, write about this on your blog, and tell your MySpace friends or everyone in your MyBlogLog community?
I don’t know. I’ve told you why I want to do this. Rick and Carol have stated their reasons on their websites. Find your own reasons. What would you tell the world if you had the voice of 30,000 bloggers? What would you like it to achieve? The worst that can happen is we never reach 30,000. The best that can happen is we change the world.
Which outcome would you like?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com