Apr 18, 2007

What's the Point?

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting." Buddha

I am not in the mood today to talk about Gonzales, student murders or any other thing that is on every news channel and every headline.
I seem to be in some strange space lately and I am not sure yet what it's all about. All I know is I am not quite feeling like my usual self (whoever that is.)
I know that I had hoped that this age of 50, I would know more about who I am and where I am going. But, it just isn't happening that way it seems.
So I am just sitting still and trying to listen to what I need to be learning.
What is my life trying to teach me? Why am I feeling so frustrated and disillusioned? I read on someone's site yesterday that "I hurt for humanity."
This has stayed with me since then. I am hurting for humanity and questioning the meaning of my own life in that darkness.
Doors open when the time is right for us to enter a new space, metaphorically speaking, and we can have faith that walking through is the right thing to do. Sometimes we linger in the threshold because we are afraid of leaving our old life for a life we know nothing about. We may have voices inside of our heads that try to hold us back or people in our lives saying discouraging things. These voices, internal and external, are known as threshold spirits, and they express all the fears and doubts that arise at the beginning of a new life. Nevertheless, none of these voices can hold us back, and they will fall silent as soon as we cross the threshold.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com