Aug 7, 2007

Keep Your Bullshit to Yourself!

It's been a long time since I had a good rant! I am gonna have one now though.
I don't know about the rest of you but if you belong to a certain Social Networking Site that has for some stupid reason, made it possible for people to send one message out to their entire community, then you must be getting some of the same spam as I am.
I have tolerated the invites to 'visit my blog' or 'read my post' but lately I have been getting these spam messages asking people to leave this community or that community and character assasinating other people.
What the hell is wrong with people? If you have a problem with someone, then email them, private message them or unjoin their community. Why are you subjecting me and others to your childish behavior?
Short of quitting this Site altogether I don't know how to stop this spammy bullshit but I will tell you right now that I will unjoin the community of the person sending it and delete them as a contact as well.
This may be of no consequence to the spammer but it will at least empower me to not have to be associated with people who want to act like two-year olds.
Leave me out of the drama - thank you very much!

Note: There is apparently an email opt-out for Community Messaging that you can get to by editing your Profile. If you are as sick of the spam as I am then you may want to try doing that.

Sphere: Related Content

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

humm, I hope your not talking about me. I was annoyed at being spammed by a tech blog with an avatar which depicted a triple eee breasted women.

i saw the other thing and just realized what is was. I deleted that person I don't need that shit the regular spam is bad enough.

I go to my blog log to find decent blogs to read and that is it.

Carol said...

Hey cooper,
Nope it wasn't you who I had in mind but I am getting heartily fed up with the spam aren't you?
I figure that if this continues, I will be down to like no one in my Community but so be it. Yep I go there to make friends and see what others are writing,
Peace.
Carol

Peter Haslam said...

I have been deleting from all spammer communities. Don't need it. Good for you Carol
PS
W

Carol said...

Hi Peter,
Yep - until tonight I just been tolerating the usual spammy crap but I have had enough and will do the same as you are doing - I will unjoin that community. I hope the opt out thingy works though

Anonymous said...

Spam, really who the hell pays attention to those weasels???

Dan said...

Carol, thanks for visiting my blog! That was very sweet of you.

I can't stand SPAM either ... the food or the e-mail. Sadly there are lots of folks out there who really need to grow up. My strategy is to just ignore them. And you know what? They eventually go away. It works! Life is too short to get involved with them.

Hugs!

Graham said...

I delete the stuff, it clutters everything up. It is bad enough getting " Thanks for visiting my site" all the time, that is what one is supposed to do. Its the whole "dropping the avitar" thing.

Carol said...

Hi Dan and Grahm,
I agree with both of you, it is best to ignore the spam - food or otherwise..LOL!

Dave J. said...

Lol @ Cooper. I enjoyed yours Coop, I've thought it myself a hundred times.

Carol,
Here here sister. You said it. Thanks for the heads up on a solution.

Carol said...

Hi Dave,
Yep I agreed with Cooper's being irritated by the EEE's also. You are most welcome for the solution. I did it and now I get no more emails from Community Messaging :)

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com