Jan 14, 2008

One Million Blogs for Peace


I just discovered this at Maryannaville and thought it would be appropriate to post it here in keeping with my committment to Peace and the end of this War.

The Pledge:
I believe in the immediate withdrawal of all foreign combat troops from the nation of Iraq.
I believe in using my blog, in whole or in part, as a tool toward this end.

Who's Eligible
There will be two counts (toward 1,000,000).
For one, a blog must be based in the home country of a nation currently engaged in the Iraq War.
As of now, those nations are: Albania, Australia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
The second count will include all bloggers worldwide, whether or not their countries are involved in the conflict.
The importance of keeping separate counts is explained here.

Signup
You may also sign up via e-mail to peace@bluepyramid.org

Thanks Saboma for letting us know about this movement..

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd seen the other means for bloggers to get together on the peace train with Cat Stevens.
I'm much more assertive than Cat Stevens' philosophy. When I have a plan, I stick to the plan and git 'er done.

Goals defined:
Attainable, Achievable, Measurable.
All the way, hey, hey, all the way!

Thanks for choosing to run with the big dogs, Girly.

Carol said...

You are most welcome :) I started this Peace Train as a way to feel like I was doing something - anything rather than just sitting idly by being apathetic. I just want it all to end.
Hugs,
Carol

Anonymous said...

At least you did something. That is what is most important. Puhleeze, keep doing until you're blue in the face, kiddo.

"We fall down; we get up."
Onward, upward, and foreword.

Ya done did good, Mama! And of the many descriptive words I would use, apathy wouldn't be in any of them.

You go girl!

Carol said...

Saboma,
Thanks for always being there to keep me honest and to hold me up when I've needed it the most!

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com