Jan 16, 2007

I Have A Dream

Martin Luther King, Jr.
(Delivered on the steps at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. on August 28, 1963. Source: Martin Luther King, Jr: The Peaceful Warrior, Pocket Books, NY 1968)
Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of captivity. But one hundred years later, we must face the tragic fact that the Negro is still not free.

Has anything REALLY changed since 1968 regarding the staus quo?

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

aggelika said...

Great work!!!Congratulations!Can I put your blog in the list of blogs suggested in mine?I would like it very much!This is my mail akilegga@yahoo.gr

Carol said...

Sure you can - perhaps you would like to tell me where your Blog is so I might do the same?

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com