Mar 22, 2007

If You Want to Be in America!

I just read a Post by my friend Mark at Me and My Drum about an employee at Target refusing to scan someones Bacon because she is a "Muslim" Mark says, get another job lady..LOL!
But seriously folks. I live in Arizona and I am white, I am the Minority it seems. I cannot understand why I am expected to learn spanish when I am not Hispanic! I do not understand why it is acceptable for anyone working in a Public place to speak any other language then English. It pisses me off no end when I try to talk to someone and either they don't understand what I am saying or I don't understand what they are saying.
Today for example, my phone rings, I was on another call, long distance from New Hampshire, cut that call short to answer the call waiting and I get this freaking spanish recording! Damn, I hate that!
This is America, if you are not born and raised here, or if you come here from another Country, legally or illegally, then you are supposed to conform to our language and customs. Not the other way around.
If you want to speak your native tongue, that's great, just do it at home with your friends or with your family. If you are employed then don't you think you could at least make the effort to speak English? Or, am I supposed to stand there and feel like an idiot while you roll your eyes because I don't understand you? I think not!
I, for one, am sick to death with being "Politically Correct!" I am sick of people coming here and expecting to be catered to. I am sick of going to the store or asking for directions and getting that look!
If you want to be here, then be here. Learn the Language and the customs. If you don't want to do that, then why the hell are you here in the first place? Go back to where you came from so that you can speak your language and observe your customs, stop trying to inflict it on us!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com