Jan 27, 2008

Mocking Liberals

What a load of bullshit I just read over at the All American Blogger!
The Post is called:
THE 13 PRESCRIPTIVE PRINCIPLES (”STEPS”) OF LIBERALS ANONYMOUS

Below is the first step of 13 of one of the most insulting articles I have come across yet attacking Liberals.

1. WE admit we are not powerless over liberalism, but nevertheless, that we have allowed it to make a mockery of our cities, our schools, our universities, our borders, our foreign policy, and our daily lives.

I don't know about you but I am heartily sick of Liberals being denigrated simply because others don't agree with the philosophy of Liberals which loosely stated means individual rights and equality of opportunity.
Different forms of liberalism may propose very different policies, but they are generally united by their support for a number of principles, including extensive freedom of thought and speech, limitations on the power of governments, the rule of law, the free exchange of ideas, a market or mixed economy, and a transparent system of government. All liberals – as well as some adherents of other political ideologies – support some variant of the form of government known as liberal democracy, with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law.
I consider myself to be a Libertarian and damned proud of it.

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Don Thieme said...

I consider myself a liberal as well. That represents a more moderate stance than I took in my youth, when I thought it unnecessary to preserve private property rights as the world's resources are developed for the good of humanity. I now recognize that acts motivated by greed can nonetheless benefit society in general as slong as there is a modicum of economic regulation.

Dave J. said...

What you are, Carol; what we are should hardly be called "liberal." It's more like compassionate human. It is beyond me how anyone could support a non-liberal agenda.

Carol said...

Hi Don, Interesting point but I'm not sure there's enough moderation as far as greed goes. The economy is in a recession and the rich keep getting richer.

Hi Dave,
We are compassionate human beings and I think that is what's really wrong in the world today. Lots of people are out for themselves with little care of the effect this has on others.
I am just tired of the word 'Liberal' being spit out like a dirty word!

Save a life, gain a buddy - dogsindanger.com